Saturday, April 11, 2009

York Region Cemetery Book

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Hopefully later this year I can get back to working on the book of cemeteries for York Region. Need to find the original sources that are listed in the old directory to try to find more information. Unfortunately I have no idea where some of these sources are located. Might have to learn how to use my crystal ball!

I have started it, but so far I have only got as far as copying the history from some of our existing transcriptions. They don't all list sources. I have hundreds of photos, but still have to find quite a few of the cemeteries. Haven't counted them, but the number is over 200. This includes active, closed, and abandoned cemeteries, as well as cairns and memorial markers. I would also like to include the cenotaphs if I can find them all.

No comments: